With the proliferation of social networking tools like Facebook, it’s assumed that the new millennial generation are moving quicker through those key life stages. And it’s useful to think how brands can tap into these shifting behaviours when targeting audiences on Facebook.
In a recent survey commissioned by Facebook with research firm Nielsen, to uncover how life stages are impacting new paths to consumer packaged goods (CPG) discovery in the US. Using a ‘custom fusion methodology’, Nielsen used survey responses to their TV media and digital panels to explore everything from discovery, trial and purchasing of CPG products to media behaviours across TV, desktop and mobile.
The results compiled in the following infographic were compelling.
A few key stats we picked out included:
- 3.8X more likely to discover products via Facebook & Instagram (compared to previous generation)
- 77% have their mobile with them always
- 50% discover products outside of a store
- 2X more likely to wish stores would accept mobile payments
- Millennials are heavy trialers of products