What we liked:
- “In 2001, 15% of conversations were about brands. Today it’s 37%” Martin Lindstrom, Brand Expert, Author
- WOM (Word Of Mouth) is much more powerful during the hours of 8.00-10.00 worldwide.
- The best brands weren’t created or born to be the most profitable but to make life better.
- Sneakerpedia – $5000 for video, $0 seeding, ignited 4.5m tweets, attracted 6.7m fans, more than $1m in free media. When you get the connection, shared purpose and passion you can ignite a fire that will attract many many people.
- “Steve Jobs isn’t an innovator. He makes existing things better.” Malcolm Gladwell
- Ideas that live in people’s lives: Nike+, Earth Hour, Facebook. They don’t just have an end destination, they get better with time.
- The role of leaders is not to command and control the creative process, but to create the conditions for it to flourish.
- “We need to move away from 360 marketing, and towards 365 days a year marketing” Jesse Greenwood.
- The social web rewards difference. When the world zigs, zag.
What were your favourite thoughts?